Dr. Karas: Shoulder Surgeon
What are Common Shoulder Injuries?
The shoulder is the most mobile joint in our bodies and, as such, it is one of the most frequently injured. Whether he’s serving as a shoulder surgeon for professional athletes or for your next-door neighbor, Dr. Karas uses his expertise to treat both common shoulder injuries and untreatable shoulder conditions such as:
Shoulder Pain and Shoulder Injury Solutions
An internationally recognized shoulder surgeon, Dr. Karas offers a full range of minimally invasive arthroscopic surgical techniques and innovative, cutting-edge arthroplasty procedures to treat your shoulder pain at its source. Even irreparable shoulder pain doesn’t have to be a part of your life.
The first step towards successful treatment is a proper diagnosis by a qualified shoulder surgeon.
Dr. Karas served as the Falcons’ head team physician from 2011-2018, the longest tenured team orthopedic surgeon in the NFC South division. In addition to directing the Emory Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Fellowship Program, he serves as a consulting team physician for the Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Hawks, Georgia Tech, Emory University, Oglethorpe University, and Georgia Perimeter College.
Dr. Karas’ resume includes:
- Countless lectures and presentations, both nationally and internationally, on his research on shoulder injuries and surgical techniques
- Assistant editor for the Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
- Research publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Reception of numerous grants for his research and work on shoulders
- Development of a patented customizable shoulder system product with the individuality of each patient in mind
- Membership in many professional specialized shoulder societies, including the American Shoulder and Elbow Society (ASES), an invitation-only professional society made up of 850 leading Orthopaedic surgeons across the world who specialize in surgery of the shoulder and elbow